In the new series by television star and fashion designer Lauren Conrad, fame can be found behind any door. You just have to know where to look for it. Nineteen-year-old Madison Parker made a name for herself as best frenemy of girl-next-door Jane Roberts on the hot reality show L.A. Candy. Now Madison's ready for her turn in the spotlight and she'll stop at nothing to get it. Sure, she's the star of a new show, but with backstabbing friends and suspicious family members trying to bring her down, Madison has her work cut out for her. Plus, there's a new nice girl in "reality" town—aspiring actress Carmen Curtis, the daughter of Hollywood royalty—and she's a lot more experienced at playing the fame game. . . . When the cameras start rolling, whose star will shine brighter?
lauren conrad books

Madison Parker made a name for herself as best frenemy of nice-girl-next-door-turned-reality-celeb Jane Roberts in the L.A. Candy books. Now she’s ready for her turn in the spotlight and she’ll stop at nothing to get it. But with backstabbing friends and family, relentless paparazzi, and tabloid scandals she can’t control, Madison is going to have her work cut out for her. Plus, there’s a new nice girl in town—Carmen Price, the daughter of Hollywood royalty—who’s a lot more experienced than Jane was at playing the fame game. . . . Filled with characters both familiar and new, Lauren Conrad’s new series about life in front of the camera dishes Hollywood gossip and drama at every turn. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.


  • Reading level: Ages 14 and up
  • Paperback: 336 pages
  • Publisher: HarperCollins (October 2, 2012)
  • Language: English


Unlike some of the other reviews, I actually read this book. I don't write reviews based on whether or not I like the author. I read all 3 of the LA Candy books. They were a fun quick read. I'm not going to compare her books to other books I've read because I like to read different books depending on my mood. The Fame Game is simular to the LA Candy books. It was a quick read and I enjoyed the story. If I liked the book, I give it 5 stars. I'm not going to over analyze her writing skills like some other reviews. I'm not going to act like some sophisticated reader who has something to prove by criticizing every little issue wrong with her writing. It's not that type of book. So, if you want to read a fun, quick story then it's a good book.First Impressions: I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of reality T.V. I've never watched The Hills or any of that stuff. I think I watched Jersey Shore one time, and once was more than enough. However, this isn't a reality show, so I'll judge the book by its own merits. I've read other books written by Lauren Conrad and they are all fun and well-written. I especially like the cover of this one since it makes me want a lollipop really bad. First 50 Pages: As far as entertainment value goes, this book has a lot of perks. Sort of like say, reading a reality show in book form. More than once I wondered how much of the story did Lauren pull from her own life. With that being said, if I hadn't of received this book for review, I probably would never have bought it myself. It's just not my type of thing and I wasn't super crazy in love with Lauren's other books to go and rush to pick up this book. I could tell right away that I was going to have some issues with The Fame Game, but I do have to say that Lauren's writing has improved enormously in this novel. Characters & Plot: This is a story about Madison Parker, who is a character that some people will know is in Lauren's other book series, L.A. Candy. Madison is given the opportunity to be on a new reality-based television show called The Fame Game. There are three other girls who will also be competing for their spot in Hollywood, named Kate, Carmen and Gaby. Four women in one household does not sound like a fun or pleasant time to me, but Madison is willing to do whatever she has to in order to rise to the top of the social ladder. I was bored on my flight to New York City and decided to give in and pay $12 or $8. It continues on from the LA candy books and lets you see a different side of Madison. Of course there are new characters and add to the story line... season 2. I can't wait for the new book in October! Needless to say, it was drama everywhere you looked. All of the characters, with the exception of Kate, were pretty much as horrible as they come. There really isn't much of a plot line, and I'm just going to come out and say it. I hated the characters. The Fame Game is full to the brim with backstabbing, bitchy girls with too much money and not enough common sense. I couldn't relate to them when they would go and spend $300 dollars on a purse without blinking an eye, or with the constant designer name dropping spread throughout the entire book. Kate is the only redeeming person of the bunch and she is not even the main character. I could never hang out with girls like these without wanting to throw them in front of a bus. Except Kate, I would save her. Final Thoughts: I think this is going to be a love it or hate it type of book. I'm not sure if it was right for me, but I did find it to be entertaining. It's like a guilty pleasure kind of story with little substance, but fun to read. I would love to see Lauren write something else, maybe something more people will be able to relate to, and because I don't think she is a terrible writer. I guess time will tell!

Post a Comment

Lebih baru Lebih lama